Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tim Walker Rules


So this is one of my favorite fashion photographs ever by Tim Walker.  The lighting is absolutely gorgeous, the location is to die for and couldn't be more perfect for photographing that dress!! Where can I find a staircase like this? Gah, will someone please find me a lavish and vintage inspired location, a beautiful dress and a fabulous model like this? Look at the texture in the train!

Here is another one of my favorites.....


It's so simple but very creative! It's like a cross between an installation and a photograph. I love how he stages everything.  One day maybe my dreams will come true and I will have access to a super awesome giant glove too. It's no surprise to me that he was an assistant to Richard Avedon at one point... talk about someone who could teach you a thing or two about fashion photography.

And a few more for you to enjoy.....





What a great idea to illuminate dresses and display them as lights. Genius!




© Tim Walker