© Sarah Welch Photography
I'm surprised it turned out so well because this is my first attempt at making plain bread. It's perfectly moist and delicious! I've decided rather than timing everything perfectly, I just bake until it looks good and it generally turns out better. I wouldn't necessarily suggest doing the same but it definitely works for me! Anyway, I found this recipe here but made a few minor changes.
HOMEMADE VEGAN OATMEAL BREAD
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cake flour (Central Market)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Goodflow Honey
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup Silk Plain Soy Milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Grind oatmeal in a food processor
- In a large bowl, combine oatmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve honey in canola oil and stir in the milk. Combine dry mixture with wet mixture and stir until a soft dough is formed.
- Spoon dough into bread pan and bake for roughly 20 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped with a wooden spoon.